Sunday, October 19, 2014

Eclipse - Editor hidden - Fix!

I hit a weird error today where in Eclipse I couldn't seem to open any files - the editor seemed to be minimized somehow! Even restarting eclipse didn't fix it. After a bit of playing about - I've got a solution I thought I would share.


  1. Go to Window -> New Window. This will open a second instance of Eclipse. 
  2. Notice you can now open files again. But you aren't done - you need Eclipse to remember this setting.
  3. Close the old window (the one you couldn't open files with) first.
  4. Now close the new window (the one you can open files with). This will persist your new setting (where you want  to be able to open files!). 
  5. Open Eclipse - you should be back in business. 
Hope this helps someone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment